Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

How much food to give

Shaeleneangel23Shaeleneangel23 Lemming
edited August 2016 in Feeding and Nutrition
Hi. I have a 4 week old baby male mouse. He gets 2 tablespoons of his mouse food a day, fresh veggies, and the odd time a treat. However it seems like he eats all day . And never really gets full. He will sit in his food dish for a long time ( maybe 40 minutes ) and eat. He also does like to sleep in there too

Comments

• zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Baby mice will often go through a phase of eating non-stop :) Especially at only 4 weeks old, they have a good few weeks before they stop growing :) They usually need a bit more protein than normal while they are still growing too, so I don't think that him eating for 40 minutes at a time is much of an issue yet :P What type of food is it you are feeding as his main food and as his treats?
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    Yep, I agree with zany_toon - mice aren't fully grown until they're about 12 weeks old, so he'll need a lot of food while he has growing to do :) You can give him some plain chicken or scrambled eggs if you want to give him some extra protein :)
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • Shaeleneangel23Shaeleneangel23 Lemming
    edited September 2016 Posts: 24

Hi. He gets carefresh complete food mix for mice and rats fruit/veggies honey yogurt drops . Hope this list helps. He's eating. Tons. Thank u all for your help. Any advice? Thx :)

• zany_toonzany_toon Mouse

Hi. He gets carefresh complete food mix for mice and rats fruit/veggies honey yogurt drops . Hope this list helps. He's eating. Tons. Thank u all for your help. Any advice? Thx :)

Sorry it's taken me longer to reply than expected!! I've had a rotten time with my animals so haven't been on again. Anyway, It took me a while to have a look and find the carefresh food you eat. It seems reasonably good, but it has a really high protein content. It will be fine for your mouse while he is still growing but may be too much for him as he gets older.