Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Basil's gone

JonJon Lemming
edited September 2016 in General Rodent Chatter
One minute, you have a cherished pet and the next, you find him dead in the corner of his cage.

Oh boy.

I wasn't altogether unprepared, given that his siblings both died within ten days of each other but this is a blow.

Ask not what your rodent can do for you...

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this about Basil.sweet dreams little one.
  • JonJon Lemming
    The only mouse I've ever had that understood multiple phrases. Basilicus Rex :)

• Shaeleneangel23Shaeleneangel23 Lemming
    edited September 2016 Posts: 24
    Im So sorry to hear this .Bless his soul :|
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm so sorry.

Rest in peace Basil.

• SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    I am so sorry. Goodnight little boy.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    So sorry to hear this :( he sounds like he was amazing little guy. Rest in peace Basil.
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • JonJon Lemming
    Thank you everybody, you're very kind.

I really am quite cut up about this one. I hadn't had a buck since, oh... 1970-something and he was just so much fun and such a character. I'm just grateful I didn't have to intervene at the end but I wish I had detected him sooner and been there for him. Ah well, no sense borrowing trouble eh?

Thanks again everyone.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Sad indeed, Jon. Males are just special in their own way and I got really close to my boys. Sleep soundly Basil, we will miss you sweetie. x