Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Basil's gone

JonJon Lemming
edited September 2016 in General Rodent Chatter
One minute, you have a cherished pet and the next, you find him dead in the corner of his cage.

Oh boy.

I wasn't altogether unprepared, given that his siblings both died within ten days of each other but this is a blow.

Ask not what your rodent can do for you...

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this about Basil.sweet dreams little one.
  • JonJon Lemming
    The only mouse I've ever had that understood multiple phrases. Basilicus Rex :)

• Shaeleneangel23Shaeleneangel23 Lemming
    edited September 2016 Posts: 25
    Im So sorry to hear this .Bless his soul :|
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm so sorry.

Rest in peace Basil.

• SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    I am so sorry. Goodnight little boy.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley.
    Never forgotten fancy girl mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex, wild mice Harry Houdini and Little Wills
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    So sorry to hear this :( he sounds like he was amazing little guy. Rest in peace Basil.
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • JonJon Lemming
    Thank you everybody, you're very kind.

I really am quite cut up about this one. I hadn't had a buck since, oh... 1970-something and he was just so much fun and such a character. I'm just grateful I didn't have to intervene at the end but I wish I had detected him sooner and been there for him. Ah well, no sense borrowing trouble eh?

Thanks again everyone.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Sad indeed, Jon. Males are just special in their own way and I got really close to my boys. Sleep soundly Basil, we will miss you sweetie. x