Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Spoiled rotten mouse

This may sound goofy . But some people have told me I spoil my Timothy too much and um overprotective ? I dont think i do. And definitely not overprotecive. Everyone just has to be clean and wash ther hands and not be afraid of mice.He only just gets lots of food treats and attention from me. And new things here and there. To make him happy. He has a few mouse toys too but only to make him happy . I love my tiny Timothy and would do anything in my power to make him happy. That's not spoiling him right?:D

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I think we're all just as guilty in that case. One thing you do have to watch is those food treats that are high in protein though, as too much protein is not good for mice.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Oh gosh, we are all goofy then! I spend hours with mine, buy them loads of stuff (and mostly don't use it as they have favourites which just get reused). I stand protectively if even my partner is talking to them or holding them. Keep loving him just as you are I think!
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley.
    Never forgotten fancy girl mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex, wild mice Harry Houdini and Little Wills
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    My mice have loads of toys. The more the better lol. If you have lots, you can swap them in and out of the cage so the mice don't get bored of the same toys all the time.

Mice don't live very long, so in my opinion they SHOULD be spoiled, to make the most of the little time they have here.
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I agree with all of the above.
  • HoyleKingdomHoyleKingdom Lemming
    I'm only two weeks in with my mice, and I *totally* get you. They are so small and precious and it's my pleaure to spoil them. And given how expensive and traumatic it is to give medicine to a mouse (one of mine just had an ear infection: totally sucked) I have no qualms in kindly asking people to wash their hands before handling them.