Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Ursula and Octavia squeaks

Very rude of me, but I neglected to introduce myself before my first post! Hello from Bristol, UK, and one very proud owner of two beautiful 10 week old mice. The brown one with the gorgeous ginger tummy is Ursula, and the brown stripey white one is Octavia. When we first got them we were so concerned about not getting to handle them straightaway - but with a little patience Octavia is now climbing onto our hands of her own free will! Ursula has an ear infection - which is so sad. She has two more days of meds, which she hates, and then we'll work to build the trust up again. So nice to meet you all and be with other rodent adoring folks! Xx
image.jpeg
868 x 960 - 81K
image.jpeg
1344 x 760 - 79K
Tagged:

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    They're adorable. I do hope Ursula's ear infection is getting better.
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Beautiful! :)

Do you like reading science-fiction, by any chance?
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    So cute! Welcome :)
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • HoyleKingdomHoyleKingdom Lemming
    Crittery said:

How did you know ;) I did my PhD on Ursula Le Guin - and I've had some Octavia Butler on my reading list for forever! I'm so glad someone got the reference: most people just think it's funny to have such grand names for mice! Xx
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Hello and welcome.your mice are beautiful.
    Poorly mouse update: Ursula is doing well, and has her last instalment of antibiotics tomorrow. She's still a bit wonky, and we think she ,might stay that way, but she's still lovely :)
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

Great news about Ursula.

I had a mouse from the RSPCA who had a head tilt for the rest of his life with me but he still had a long and happy life.

• zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Sorry for the belated welcome, but welcome to the forum!! Your mice are lovely and their names are fab - I hope little Ursula continues to do well on her antibiotics :)
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord

Crittery said:

How did you know ;) I did my PhD on Ursula Le Guin - and I've had some Octavia Butler on my reading list for forever! I'm so glad someone got the reference: most people just think it's funny to have such grand names for mice! Xx
    That sounds fantastic! What was your PhD theme? They are two of my favourite scifi authors - Octavia Butler I only discovered in the last year or so, but I've read everything I can find of hers :)

Glad to hear Ursula is doing well, from what I hear if the head tilt is permenant it doesn't seem to bother them at all x
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
    Crittery: my PhD was on feminist reader response theory and metaphor in Le Guin (mostly in her most recent work Lavinia). So far Ursula mouse is showing little flair for writing, but she does look like a little bear, so living up to the 'little she bear' meaning of her name!
  • staceyspetmicestaceyspetmice Lemming
    Welcome! What beautiful mice you have! :D