Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

How to get 8 week old females to eat more veggies

Ok guys so I've had my female mice daisy and angel about 3 days now. And they are about 7-8 weeks old . Now they are good eaters and love seeds nuts and mixes with nuts . They seem to really love Hagen gourmet rat and mouse. However they do not touch the veggies. I've recently bought tiny friends farm reggie rat And Mimi mouse. However I am considering buying ox bow regal rat Food for my babies. Yes I know they are babies still but am
Worried they aren't eating enough veggies and picking and choosing too much . I sill plan to give them a mix with nuts and seeds fruits &veggies all the time . but just want to see if if the Ox bow regal rat is ok for my 8 week olds.The ladies at the pet store told me it's okay . Thank you

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

My mice would never touch vegetables either so I wouldn't worry about that.

I've googled the Hagen and Oxbow commercial mixes you mention, I think the Hagen sounds fine for your mice, it seems to have a slightly lower protein content too which is a good thing and will allow you to give occasional extra treats to your mice.

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Don't worry to much mine won't touch veggies either.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    I agree. My Russian hamster used to love his raw veggies in small pieces but he`s not so keen on them these days, but my mice were not big veggie lovers at all!
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Mine are like the others too, they won't touch veg!! I've had one or two that like a tiny bit of sweetcorn or peas but that's about the extent of the healthy food mine eat :P

• HoyleKingdomHoyleKingdom Lemming
    My squeakers will have a little nibble of fresh veg, but won't eat a whole piece. They very much prefer grains, and will only eat other things once all the grains have gone. What I have experienced when mine have eaten fresh veg, is it makes their droppings rather....loose. Not so fun to clean up!