Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Mouse with Blood from his ear

I just got as mouse yesterday as soon as I put him in his new home he acted right at home and very happy, grooming, playing, eating, drinking. But I woke up today and he still acts the same but there is blood from his ear, I'm worried, I don't know what happened to him or whats wrong, read it's OCD but idk

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unless he has other signs of missing fur or scabs, it would be too early to suspect OCD scratching. Sometimes a change of bedding can make a mouse itchy, what type are you using? What do you know about his history, is he from a breeder who has treated their mice regularly for mites or is he from a pet store where it's less likely he has already been treated for mites?

• JanetleighJanetleigh Lemming
    he is from a pet store and im using some cheap pine bedding from walmart thats all i know

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    OK, the pine bedding may be the cause. Can you try shredded paper/newspaper and see if that makes a difference?