Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Ooohhhh Mr Tom!

Just needed to get this off my chest. Mr Tom is a love but I have had females for so long I forgot how stinky males are!!!

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Ah yes, lol, they do have a certain aroma!
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    You can`t bottle it but it`s definitely unique! X(
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Yes the first night I thought a tom cat had got in , and it was only a tiny Mr Tom mouse lol
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    I've never had a buck, but I have heard of their stinky reputation, lol. Is it really that bad?!  X(
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Well MouseLover I hate to give him a complex but he is stinking the animal room out at times lol.
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    It's amazing how quickly you forget how much males stink :P I never used to notice it before, but I have one single unneutered boy and a group of five unneutered boys living together and they out stink every mouse I have ever owned combined :P If you want to cover it up a bit, I just recently found that my vets sell pet odour destroying candles. They are safe for sensitive little lungs an contain an enzyme that breaks down animal smells. I use it occasionally in my room and it's the only scented type thing I've been able to use that hasn't affected my furballs or my asthma :)
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thanks Zany_toon that candle sounds great I will ask my vet. Can you tell me what its called? Five boys ? Gosh that must be a little wiffy lol and your right you do forget how much males smell, years ago I had three males and I can't remember them smelling that bad. Maybe I just got use to it. :-O and only visitors could smell it :-O
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    zany_toon - out of curiosity, do your group of 5 boys not fight? I've never heard of such a large group of unneutered males living together!
    Hamster: Archie
    Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Nicky said:

Thanks Zany_toon that candle sounds great I will ask my vet. Can you tell me what its called? Five boys ? Gosh that must be a little wiffy lol and your right you do forget how much males smell, years ago I had three males and I can't remember them smelling that bad. Maybe I just got use to it. :-O and only visitors could smell it :-O

It's these ones: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pet+odour+enzyme+candle&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apet+odour+enzyme+candle - ebay sell them as well :) My favourite is the cinnamon apple one, but the orange lemon splash sounds nice and fresh (my vet hasn't had that one in yet :P )

And wiffy is an understatement when it comes to the five boys :P And yes, MouseLover, these boys are fighting. They are going to be booked in and get neutered. I was really hoping that they would settle down after their hormones settled but no such luck :( Which is a shame, as I've had a couple of groups of 5 boys in the past who got on great and rarely squabbled :( They do love cuddling in together though, so I'm just glad that I can get them neutered to keep them together.