Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Two new girls

I couldn't bear the thought of being completely mouseless so I popped into an RSPCA centre today and with many thanks to the lovely staff there, I was able to adopt two cheeky female mice. I'd almost forgotten how lively young mice can be, they've been having great fun exploring their new surroundings but I've a feeling that the lovely fleece cubes that Maria made (and Rhubarb treated so lovingly) are now going to be tested to their limit.

I'm still working on names for the girls but I've taken a few photos already this evening.

DSCN0731 resize.jpg
600 x 439 - 148K

Comments

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    They are so sweet Ann. Really pleased you gave them a great home. x
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Beautiful girls. :\">
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

Thank you. So far the fleece cubes remain intact but their favourite game is to tip all the food out of their bowl and then get underneath the bowl to eat it.

The girl with the white stripe on her nose has a respiratory infection. She's the most outgoing of the pair but also the most stubborn. She definitely doesn't like Baytril.

They've both ventured out for a bit of a free range session but understandably, are quite nervous.

Damn respiratory issues. :(  I hope she responds to a kick from the Baytril Ann. It usually does the job. I don`t know why such delightful little creatures have to suffer from this. It seems to plague them.
  • HoyleKingdomHoyleKingdom Lemming
    They look so cute and cheeky! Is the poorly one managing to get the nasty Baytril into her one way or another? It doesn't sound like it's setting her back from general naughty mouse behaviour! (Mine like to shovel the food out of the dish with their noses. I look in the cage to refil what looks like an empty food dish, but there's food everywhere! Such cheek)
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Congrats on the gorgeous new additions Ann :D The girls are beautiful, and it sounds like they are keeping you on your toes :P I hope that the respiratory infection clears up soon, and good luck picking out names for them :D
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

Thank you all. They've just had a lovely, long free range session this morning. They get more brave every day although they still aren't keen on being picked up.

I'm having to dose the Baytril by dropping it on her back and then she'll lick it off. I'd prefer to give her a more exact dose on a treat but at least she is getting some medicine which should help.

It is a shame that Baytril doesn`t taste like honey or peanut butter!! Any which way though Ann is better than none. I`m sure she will manage this with a good dosing. x
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Yes it's a shame medicine usually tastes so bad. She seems lively enough anyway and she may have been living with the RI for some time but I'd like to see an improvement if at all possible.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    AnnB, your new girls are lovely. Good photo! I do hope the RI goes away.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
    Thanked by 1AnnB
    How are the girls doing now Ann, and did you have any luck in picking names for them yet?
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

The girls are doing really well, thank you Zany. As many of you know, I'm into wildlife/photography and just lately I've been trying to photograph interesting fungi so I decided that I'd name the mice with types of fungi. I've decided on Candlesnuff for one girl but I'm still undecided on the other. The RI hasn't completely gone unfortunately and she's been on Baytril now for almost two weeks so I shall gradually reduce the Baytril and just hope for the best.

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Hope she improves soon Ann. I adore the name Candlesnuff and may have to pinch that one day xx
    AnnB said:

The girls are doing really well, thank you Zany. As many of you know, I'm into wildlife/photography and just lately I've been trying to photograph interesting fungi so I decided that I'd name the mice with types of fungi. I've decided on Candlesnuff for one girl but I'm still undecided on the other. The RI hasn't completely gone unfortunately and she's been on Baytril now for almost two weeks so I shall gradually reduce the Baytril and just hope for the best.

Oh that's a fab name!!! I love it :D I'm sorry that the RIs haven't gone completely, but I am glad that they have improved :) I hope that continues as you start to reduce the baytril.

You need to share some of your photos Ann, I'd love to see more of what you have been up to :)