Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Constipated Mice

So I have one chubby little mouse, Wilma, who is very constipated at the minute. I took her to the vet tonight as she needed some antibiotics for a little cough she has and the vet had a feel of her tummy and agreed she felt constipated. 

So is there anything i can give her that will help with this? 

So far i've tried lots of fresh veggies but either she isn't that much interested in them or it's not had the desired effect on her. Anything i can give her in her water to help her along? 

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Liquid paraffin used to be the treatment for constipation but I think I'd be inclined to see what the vet suggests.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Surprised the the vet didn't take action/suggest anything. Someone on this forum, cannot remember, gave suggestions including cucumber (baby). I tried a little with my girls and they liked it and I think it helped. They were so cute eating a little quarter circle of it, they ate the inside and left the green bit with tiny ickle teeth marks
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • BaggyMousersBaggyMousers Mouse
    Ahhh thats so cute! Ickle teeth marks in cucumber pieces! Yes thinking of it now the vet could have suggested something ..... I have started her on some vegetable baby food which she absolutely loves, I'm hoping the semi liquid food might help her out a bit. 
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    I've used liquorice tea for a guinea pig before. But try increasing the amount of dietary fibre first. :)

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

• SummergirlSummergirl Lemming
    I add a little flax seed.