Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Tiffany - lump :(

Hi, me again,
This morning I saw a lump on Tiffany's right side close to her front leg.  It felt hard and it wasn't there yesterday.  But she seemed fine, unconcerned and was eating and drinking. 
Whisked her off down to the vet...who palpated it for a few minutes....and it went away!!!! :) :)
Hopefully it was just a little cyst and will stay away.  Thank you Santa.
Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
Tagged:

Comments

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Wow, a mousie miracle! Really hope it was just some fatty tissue and nothing to worry over. x
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Fingers crossed that it doesn't return, whatever it was.
  • BaggyMousersBaggyMousers Mouse
    Wow im so glad for you that it wasn't a tumour, but I have never heard of a lump just going away like that before! That's amazing! So did the vet say what it was? Or why it would have just gone with some careful rubbing?
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    I hope it was just a little cyst or watery/fatty sac that popped. It had not returned this morning but I haven't seen her tonight yet. I'll just keep eagle-eyed . But if it reoccurs the vet said give it a day to see if it will drain on its own.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Wow, one of my guinea pigs has a lump, wish I could just rub it and have it magically disappear! Hate hate hate hate stupid lumps. But glad for you and Tiffany that this one has just vanished like that; it must be a massive relief for you all. :) 

Did the vet know what it could be? Or why it vanished so abruptly? 

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

She used the word cyst. I too hope it stays away.
    Well as might be expected, it came back :(
    But vet says still not too worried, is unattached to tissue and she squeezes it and it goes away for a bit. I may ask them to aspirate it to remove the fluid and test to see what it is. Or I may not. Often lumps suddenly change and become malignant if punctured or removed and she is fine in herself so may leave well alone.
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Yes I'd be tempted to just leave it if it's causing no trouble.
    Little Tiffs lump has come and gone but is back again and there seems to be two of them. But again she seems well and unconcerned. But I feel a trip to the vet will be soon just so they can confirm its ok to leave it alone.
    When we took all the girls to the vet she suggested she aspirate Tiffs lumps. So I will make the appointment tomorrow. They are getting in the way now and I saw her scratching there yesterday. The vet said she still thought they were cysts - they are not within the tissue and are malleable. So we will see. Wish us luck.
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I hope all goes well. ;;)
    Thanked by 1Sarahnash
    Tiffs went for her procedure yesterday. We hoped for good news but unfortunately the lumps are compartmentalised, the needle drew blood, not fluid and the vet detected a hard lump beneath. Marking time again. She is such a gentle soul, it's not fair.
    We had Tiffany put to sleep yesterday. I made the appointment Friday but by Saturday was regretting it. Although her lump was enormous she was still eating and drinking a bit and sleeping with her friends. The vet persuaded me it was the right thing to do. She was more concerned about her laboured breathing and as she put it, feeling like you can't breathe is a distressing thing. That sealed it for OH and I so we kissed her and said our goodbyes. She was our high heeled girl, very particular, gentle, sweet natured Tiffs. Goodnight little girl.xxx
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Very sorry to hear about Tiffany its very hard when this happens but you absolutely made the right decision, I had to do the same with my girl Pumpkin who's in my avatar. Sweet dreams Tiffany x
    Thanked by 1Sarahnash
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm so sorry Sarah, such a difficult decision.

Rest in peace Tiffany.

Thanked by 1Sarahnash
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    edited March 30 Posts: 1,196
    So sad. We want them to go on forever because they are such individual characters. Sweet dreams little Tiff. x
    Thanked by 1Sarahnash