Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Suddenly age has caught up.

Over the last few weeks I have noticed Hermione has started to slow down a bit,but suddenly she's turned into an old girl. She's still eating and having little plays but she has the 'thin' look.She and Bellatrix are around two and if you remember I got them from someone who saved them from been snake food. Its so sad when age catches up with them :-/

Comments

• SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    I know. You think when you get them they must live forever. I know all we can do is make their lives brilliant and exciting, but it's so sad when they slow. And 2 years is a very good age I think. You should be proud of that.
    Mum to Bosley the rat and Teddy the hamster.
    Never forgotten - my lovely fancy mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Kris, Sabrina, Dylan, Kelly, Abby, Tiffany, Natalie and Alex and wild mice Harry and Wills and Charlie the gentle-man Rat.
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    It's sad watching them get old but at the same time, I'm always so chuffed when they manage to get old without succumbing to any of the awful things our furries can get.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Same here. Sarah is right though, we give them the best and make their little lives worth living. Same can`t be said for many pets out there sadly. I always tell people give them what they want. Their lifespans are short at the best of times, so don`t deny them those little treats. x
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thank you everyone for your wise words, that's the nice thing about been on here other people understand. >:D<
  • JonJon Lemming
    I once had a shat over the fence with a neighbour who was a medical doctor. I was talking about the mice and he said, "oh those don't liver terribly long do they?" I explained that it's about two years (if you're lucky) and observed that, as a mouse keeper, "one is constantly bereaved".
    Ask not what your rodent can do for you...
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Hilarious typo!
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Lol I had to read it twice I was laughing so much X(