Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow I'm going to introduce Bellatrix to my other two mice girls Molly and Luna. I'm a bit worried as when Bellatrix lived with Hocus and Lilly (now both gone ) She got on fine with Hocus but hated Lilly to the point she bit her tail half off. That's why they were split up. She seems lost with out Hermione so I'm hoping she gets on with the two girl. So please keep everything crossed that all goes well.

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    I really hope it goes well for them, hopefully they have mellowed with age.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    I do hope it goes ok.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley.
    Never forgotten fancy girl mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex, wild mice Harry Houdini and Little Wills
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thank you I will update you with how it goes later
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I don't want to speak too soon but so far its going well. Three hours in the carrier and they are all asleep together. Since I put them together there has just been sniffing and gentle grooming. Hope it stays like this.
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

I'm so glad it's all going well so far.

That sounds promising. If I could go back over the introductions I've done I would leave them in a small place for longer - carrier sounds right to me. I used to get excited after too soon time and say 'here's a castle and an enormous house' and then they got upset. Goes against the grain but I'd say leave them cramped for a couple of days (but monitored). Take them to bed [-O< ?
    Never forgotten fancy girl mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex, wild mice Harry Houdini and Little Wills
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    I've put them back in the main cage. It was washed down and been stripped of all toys. There was a bit of squeeking from Luna when Bellatrix went near her but apart from that it still seems OK. We will see what happens .
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Seemed to go well over night.
  • AnnBAnnB Mouse

That's such good news, I think you can start breathing a sigh of relief now.

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    That`s a really nice result Nicky. What I done in the past when I had a singleton and another couple of females living together, was to place their barred cages about an inch apart. The mice could then see and smell one another and it was funny watching them waiting for each other as one mouse ran up the ramp expecting the next door neighbour to be there! I realise this can only be achieved by using barred cages and not tank-style housing, but it worked a treat for me when I had to put Betsy and Maisy together after Maisy was left alone after the passing of her smaller cage mate. Due to them being familiar with one another having the cages side by side, the intros went so well I couldn`t quite believe it!

Keep things simple now and don`t be tempted to give them too many toys or think they won`t suddenly fall out. But I think after a week, you should be okay.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thank you both.I'm going to take it very slowly. I have put them a flying saucer wheel in this morning but that will be it for a few days. Unfortunately I can't see if they are sleeping together as they are all under the paper but so far when they are awake it seems to be going well.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    That's a good idea about the cages racing mouse but Bellatrix was in a tank style cage.Although I did spend a day or two putting substrate from each cage into another.
    Yes, it`s a good way of allowing the mice to `meet` without being in one another`s territories. Fine if you have access to two barred cages that is! 8-| I miss my wee meecers. Would be great to have some again one day but goodness knows if that will happen or when. Just wish I`d had a smartphone or a digital camera back then to record their images. Although they will always live in my memory anyway and that`s all that matters.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    That's the only trouble with them,their short lives.Sometimes you feel you only have them for a moment and their gone.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Well its been a week and all is still well. I have put them a cardboard box in with plenty of holes cut into it for a house, they are all sleeping in that.Also a play car.
    That sounds really good, so pleased to hear.
    Sounds as though all will be fine now Nicky. You may still get the odd scuffle or squeaks of disapproval, but hopefully they will all settle now. x
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Just thought I'd update this .Everyone is getting on really well and Bellatrix is lovely with both Molly and Lupin which is nice to watch.
    B-)  Great news! x
    That is good news so nice to see them all friendly and piled up :)
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thank you both , its such a relief when it goes well .