Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Help needed. Orphan baby rat

Has anyone ever successfully raised a baby rat before? I know it's unlikely this little fella will survive but I have to give him a chance. I've checked out the info on the rat fan club and other online sites but would still be grateful for anything that may help. This little one is only a day or two old by the looks of it
The Pink Paw Gang are back in town! 2 mice, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 2 springer spaniels, 1 sprollie and 1 sprocker. Is this what you call a multicultural house :)

Remembering my gorgeous boy Griffon, my cheeky Merlin, my beautiful Womble, the handsome Mr George and my 'grumpy' old man Buster

Run free Lilo, Meeko, Stitch, Molly and Davey (hamsters) Zelda, Princess, Ninny and Link (rats) and Squeak (guinea pig)

Playing at The Rainbow Bridge are Wooster, Baldrick, Sir Edmund, Parker, Daisy, Poppy, Lily, Rosie & Fleur, Mitch, Alex, Pyscho, Tango & Cash, Little Misses Trouble and Mischief, Coco, Cookie & Hazel, Lilley & Tilley and Ernie, Pete, Strawberry and Shortcake and Mr & Mrs Mabel & Eric Mouse

Every little life matters

Comments

• racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Aw, that`s really young Alison. I imagine feeding every few hours with a dropper of some kind of animal milk and gently rubbing the abdomen to encourage him/her to poo? Has he survived the night?
    Found this:

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Good luck, Alison. I've never tried to rear anything that young.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Gosh. Good luck to you both. How are you doing?
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Good luck x
  • AlisonAlison Mouse
    Hi everyone.

Just to let you know Little died yesterday morning :( I was so tired after spending most of the night up with him I forgot to let you all know. I was expecting it to be honest but I had to try
    The Pink Paw Gang are back in town! 2 mice, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 2 springer spaniels, 1 sprollie and 1 sprocker. Is this what you call a multicultural house :)

Remembering my gorgeous boy Griffon, my cheeky Merlin, my beautiful Womble, the handsome Mr George and my 'grumpy' old man Buster

Run free Lilo, Meeko, Stitch, Molly and Davey (hamsters) Zelda, Princess, Ninny and Link (rats) and Squeak (guinea pig)

Playing at The Rainbow Bridge are Wooster, Baldrick, Sir Edmund, Parker, Daisy, Poppy, Lily, Rosie & Fleur, Mitch, Alex, Pyscho, Tango & Cash, Little Misses Trouble and Mischief, Coco, Cookie & Hazel, Lilley & Tilley and Ernie, Pete, Strawberry and Shortcake and Mr & Mrs Mabel & Eric Mouse

Every little life matters
    It`s sad but so difficult to do Alison and can be draining. Poor wee love, at least he/she had someone there to try. RIP wee ratty. x
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Ah a shame but expected. Well done for trying I know it's exhausting, having done it several times at the other end of a life. But of course we would have to try. What was the history of Little? Was he a wild rat?
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Sorry to hear that but good for you for trying so hardx