Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Little Update

I only seemed to post sad news on here lately so thought I would put a happy update on everyone. Bellatrix the mouse is still living very happily with molly and Lupin, infact she seems to have a new lease of life and at over two is more active then her companions.
Mr Tom my male mouse still hates been held but will take the odd treat off me and will sometimes sit and listen when I talk to him.
Hagrid my little pets at home Robo is settling in and we have had no more problems with his eye. He won't come near me but I expected that. He loves his wheel and spends many hours running like a crazy guy on it, in fact every time I go in he's on it but I do suspect that's because I'm in the room and he believes he's running away from me :( I have caught him in his sand bath and he seems to really like that.Dumledore my other Robo has been in his Zoozone 2 for a while now, I was worried it was to big at first but he really seems to be enjoying it. Dumbledore is more relaxed then Hagrid and will run out when he hears me and will take a treat.

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    Lovely to hear the good news from your household, Nicky. I know we all get terribly upset by the sad news affecting our furries but that's what makes me realise they're the right pets for us. It wouldn't feel right if we didn't feel such an attachment to them.
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    That is good news and nice to hear. I too am 'guilty' of posting sad stuff when other really nice stuff happens. But good to hear your brood is doing well! It is lovely when they come to you, isn't it.
    Mum to Bosley the rat and Teddy the hamster.
    Never forgotten - my lovely fancy mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Kris, Sabrina, Dylan, Kelly, Abby, Tiffany, Natalie and Alex and wild mice Harry and Wills and Charlie the gentle-man Rat.
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Thank you both. Your right Ann if you don't feel sadness when they are not well or passed then we shouldn't keep them.Sometimes Sarahnash I feel I take the nice stuff for granted and its not until something not so nice happens that i feel I want to post it on here so that people who really understand will give me their support.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    Really nice to hear your wee ones are doing well Nicky and that the robos are being their usual mental self! That`s what I like about wee robos,they are such independent little things and although some can seem scatty and hide a lot, they do have their own ways of dealing with what`s going on around them. My last robo Fred wasn`t like that but he was nearly two years old when I took him in! I still have my Gabber tank (same size as the Zoozone 1) but really don`t know if I will ever have another robo or some mice in the near future. It`s one of those decisions I will make when I feel the time is right. 
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Robos certainly are mad as hatters racingmouse and I think that's why I love them they just make me laugh with their antics. I'm slowly trying to introduce a little veg into their diet, so far tiny pieces of broccoli has gone down well and salad cress, although when I first tried Dumbledore with it he gave it a sniff jumped in the air and ran off!
    Broccoli, garden peas and nibblets of sweetcorn are all favourites. Really good for them too. x
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Oh will try peas and corn .Thank you.
    I used to buy the small bags of frozen veg from FarmFoods Nicky and just pop a few corn pieces or frozen peas into a shallow dish like a ramekin to thaw in cold water for half an hour and they are ready to eat. That way you can just take out the freezer what you need daily/weekly without buying fresh veg and not using it all. Economical too if your eating them as well! I think you can get the small mixed bags with peas and corn mixed? The frozen carrot isn`t liked much by hamsters so just chopping a small slice of fresh carrot and trying them with it first makes more sense. I`ve never know them to like carrot though. 
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    Sounds daft but it never occured to me to buy frozen. Thank you for that.