Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Getting on a bit now.

Jane's 2 yrs 4 months on August 31st! I had no idea till I was browsing photos on the computer and saw what were obviously 'baby pics' of Jane the day I got her, almost two whole years ago! Not bad for a little hybrid eh? :) 

That's her when I first got her:

And this is her a few days exploring on the bed...she's still not a great fan of big spaces. But she is a very person orientated, photogenic, docile little lady, she's met neighbours' children, my cousins, myriad family members....and succeeded in making every single one smile. :) 

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Comments

• AnnBAnnB Mouse
    She's such a dear little thing, I hope she'll be around to brighten everyone's lives for a good long while.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,200
    She looks well Kawaii. You must be doing something right for her to reach such a grand age. Well done to you. Both my last hamsters (a Robo and a Russian Dwarf) both lives well over two years of age and I find if they have a nice life, are left alone to do their own thing and not be stressed, they do tend to live longer than expected. x 
  • NickyNicky Mouse
    She's looking very well for an older lady. What a sweetheart.
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    TBH not sure what I've done or her to get this old; she lives in a small cage than is recommended because she gets anxious and drops weight in anything bigger, and I've had to chop and change with her diet a lot due to a poor availability in local shops...but I love her and she seems happy so obviously this set up works  for her. :) <3 

(chins for the win!)

• SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    She looks a honey! The second to last photo looks like she is giving you a hug (#fanciful#soppy#likeit). May she reign long.
    Mum to rattie boys Charlie and Bosley and wild boy mouse Wills.
    Mice in my heart and mind - Jill, Kate, Eve, Sabrina, Dylan, Kris, Abby, Kelly, Tiffany, Natalie, Alex and house mouse Harry Houdini
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Thank you! Must admit I'm a bit paranoid about her - I've never had a dwarf reach such an age before. She must be sick and tired of being woken up by me pulling her bedding apart to make sure she's still alive only to find a rather annoyed little bundle of fluff curled up right at the bottom. I swear she scowls at me sometimes, insofar as a hamster can. 

(chins for the win!)

• zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    That's a fab age for little Jane to reach - and she looks amazing too, I would never have thought she was an elderly ham! Well done Kawaii, whatever you are doing is clearly working!
  • JonJon Lemming
    Oh she's adorable!
    Ask not what your rodent can do for you...