Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Losing the battle with 2 of my babies

My poor little princess and gizmo ( both pensioner syrian hamsters) are losing the will to live and rather fast.. Princess has became weak over her back end and cant manouver round the cage anymore so shes been moved to a single storey tank so she dont feel the need to climb anymore, And my poor little gizmo isnt eating or drinking and has became very weak and lethargic. We have the vets with them first thing tomorrow but i fear it may be the worst and they may have to be put to sleep for there own sakes. Both hamsters are over the age of 3 and are rescues from neglected homes.

This is the one part of owning furrys that i really hate. every hamster we have are elderly and i know its only a matter of time before they all go over the bridge.

I keep going in to check on them and giving them cuddles and chatting to them. if its gonna be there last few days i wanna make it happy ones..

Comments

• _Mim_Mim Legacy
    I am so sorry I will say a little prayer for them. Spoil them as much as you can while you have them.
  • _zany_toon_zany_toon Legacy
    It's a horrible situation to be in when our little furries get elderly in what seems like a very short time :( Spend what time you can with them and enjoy them while they are here, if they do have to go to the bridge I hope they go in their sleep to save you some heartache :hug:
This discussion has been closed.