Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Im skint but happy

Ive had two boy rats neutered today and my old girl went for a massive lump removing, I have spent the entire day either in tears or feeling sick, but I have my babies home again now and I feel totally better :D . I had givein up on Valentine (my girl) after being refused the operation by more than one vet (without even seeing her, just because she was 27 months old), I took her today and was amazed when the vet said she was willing to give it a go since shes so fit and healthy, and now shes home and looking great, I just have to get her back to full health now. The boys were terribly hormonal and really miserable living alone so I cant wait to get them better again and start introductions. I think after my two hours sleep in 48 hours I might just sleep tonight, these flippin animals are going to be the death of me ;)

Comments

• _lauren_lauren Legacy
    That's great news :D

It's always such a worry when they go in for ops, I think it's easy to forget just how strong they are.

Sleep well!! :sleep: :sleep:
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    It is amazing that such small animals can cause us such MASSIVE amounts of stress and worry! :D But it is FANTASTIC news that they are all safely back home where they belong!
  • _Mim_Mim Legacy
    Gosh Valentine is such a good age. We had a rat who had 3 lumps altogether and she had 3 operations. I am sure your care and love will make them well and happy again.

I shall say a little prayer for them all
  • _BusyMouse_BusyMouse Legacy
    That's great, the day ending so happily having all of them back doing well! Best wishes for the sweet old rat!
  • _nicemice_nicemice Legacy
    Thankyou everyone, it meens a lot to have people who care about the tiddly pets as much as I do, I havent even told anyone in the real world about the operations, I would just get grief for spending so much on pets that only live a couple of years.
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    You can't put a price on life despite what some people may say. Life is priceless whatever species they are....
  • _BusyMouse_BusyMouse Legacy
    It is strange how people 'evaluate' species of pets depending on their size, life expectancy and so on. It's an old issue - even the books recommend mice or rats because they are 'cheap to buy and run'. (as if they were small cheap cars, disposable if they don't run well?) I do know lots of people in real life who'd ask me with genuine interest how the mice are, and understand that sick ones need relatively expensive health care simply because otherwise they'd suffer, but for me, too, forums like this are so great because there won't be anybody at all who'd say 'but don't they just live for a short time anyway?'
  • _clair_clair Legacy
    Like you all I have had people say some horrible things to me about my animals and vets bills etc. My Uncle once asked me if I flushed my dead rat down the loo once it was dead!! I don't care what people say all animals however small or large deserve to see a vet when they are ill, if you love then you look after them. If you take on any animal then you should take this into account. Sorry rant over LOL

How is they all doing after their operations?
  • _clair_clair Legacy
    Valentines wound looks fantastic. Nearly my female rats had lumps removed and they get over ops so quickly. My current 4 boys are all neutered, it will take time for the hormones to go away but they will feel so much better now they have been done. Give them all gentle rubs and kisses from me.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    Aww they all look great :) it can take a few weeks I think for hormones to settle down after a visit to the nad fairy so just give it time.
    If it doesnt work out with the boys and I choose to pop George in with the girls does anyone know how long you have to leave them to make sure there is no chance of him making any of them pregnant?
  • _Blade100_Blade100 Legacy
    I think it's 2 weeks.
    But I'd wait at least 4-6 weeks just to be certain and also for there hormonal issues to settle with other rats.
  • _clair_clair Legacy
    How are they all doing now nicemice?
    They are all absolutely amazing thankies, Valentine (the girl with the tumours) is like a new rat, shes running around like a kitten :D , The two boys who were neutered (George and Cava) (and their brother Koda who George attacked) are great too, Im very worried about bonding them though, since George attacked Koda. Health wise though they couldnt be better :)
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    Oh that is good! :D
  • _clair_clair Legacy
    I am so pleased they are all doing well.
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    Great to hear they're recovering well :D As Annie says, hopefully now they've been neutered reintroducing them shouldn't be too difficult. Just got to take it really slow... good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.