Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

Jasmine - our 10 year old cat verdict not good

Our family cat has not been looking too well and this morning we took her to the vet and it turns out she has a large lump on the back of her tongue which is inoperable. The vet gave her a couple of anti-biotic injections and we have to take her back in two weeks. However if she gets worse then she has to go straight back and we will have to say goodbye to her. She is dreadfully thin but then she has never been a heavy cat and has always been on the light/thin side.
We have our fingers x'd but she has a 1 in 4 chance of survival..... :(

Comments

• _AnnB_AnnB Legacy
    That's terrible news Galaxy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jasmine.
  • _NuttySian_NuttySian Legacy
    So sorry :( I hope the injections help x
  • _peter01_peter01 Legacy
    Sorry to hear Galaxy, hope she's feeling better soon
  • _lauren_lauren Legacy
    :( So sorry Galaxy, that's so horrible. Hopefully she'll be that 1 in 4
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    Thank you everyone for your kind words!
    April if the swelling goes down then it is an infection but if it isn't.... well we all know what that means....
    Jasmine has been enjoying small amounts of cold hot oat cereal with skimmed milk and she did manage to wash her paw later but before today she has been slavering at the mouth leaving long trails of saliva but she is so dreadfully thin and weak.
    She has been thru a lot in her life and I hope with everything x'd that now is not her time and just a little blip in her lifes journey....
    I will keep you updated
  • _GhostsInSnow_GhostsInSnow Legacy
    Awwwh :hug: I hope she's okay and that she gets better
    I lost both my cats this year and it's not nice.
    It sounds like she's a little fighter anyway
    Finger crossed for you :)
  • _Galaxy_Galaxy Legacy
    She is much stronger now, Roz. Thank you for asking :D Must be all the cold hot oat cereal I've been giving her but we will know for certain that she is better when she goes back to the vets next Monday (not this Monday coming)
    She is feeling better in herself cos she's started getting under everyones feet and up to no good - again! But she is still dreadfully skinny :(

I will let you know whether its good or bad news either way....... :D
This discussion has been closed.