Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

It's here!!!

The new cage finally arrived :D It's a hamberley by little friends and it's bloomin' mahoosive :D

Here it is next to the fun area leon for scale

I've still got a few bits and bobs to add, but so far the girls are absolutely loving it and even Cheryl (my smallest girl) can't fit through the 1cm bar spacing :)

I've ordered some perspex sheet cut to the exact size to make a nice deep 17cm base, because at the moment I've improvised one from the box it came in to cover the barred floor... It should hopefully be here within the next day or so, and I'm seriously excited because it'll tie the cage in with my purple livingroom because it's this colour  

Comments

• CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Oh wow, that's truly impressive - no wonder you are excited!!
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
  • superwolfsuperwolf Mouse
    Awesome!!!

I've got a stonking big cage too:

I think we both must be a bit insane!  =))
  • CritteryCrittery Overlord
    Oh but in a good way! :)
    crittery.co.uk
    Exotic rodent husbandry and rescue;
    Resource website for rodents and small mammals;

Please like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/critteryuk
    That cage! I think its pretty much a half-size version of the Elegance we've got. Means I have a really good idea of the size :D

I hope your mice are happy?

I'm glad none can fit through the bars but I'd keep a close eye anyway, we've noticed the Elegance bar spacing isn't consistently 1cm and in the end we had to mesh it to keep the mice in. Originally got the cage for a syrian hamster and for her it was great, but the mice didn't take long to sniff out the wider bars and take full advantage...
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
  • PandaPanda Lemming

I'm glad none can fit through the bars but I'd keep a close eye anyway, we've noticed the Elegance bar spacing isn't consistently 1cm and in the end we had to mesh it to keep the mice in. Originally got the cage for a syrian hamster and for her it was great, but the mice didn't take long to sniff out the wider bars and take full advantage...

It took me 2 hours to assemble, 1hr 15 to put it together and then 45 minutes was spent checking each individual bar gap, because I was so paranoid :D

It's got 2 (stupidly small and pointless) doors at the top and the last bar gap on there is actually 1.5 cm. So both of those doors are covered up with a piece of corrugated plastic placed either side of them held on with about 12 wire ties... it'll do for now, but I've already spoken to my mum about a more permanent solution because she's a qualified welder :)
  • larkalarka Lemming
    Superwolf..what cage is that ? It looks huuuuge :-O
    Panda said:

It took me 2 hours to assemble, 1hr 15 to put it together and then 45 minutes was spent checking each individual bar gap, because I was so paranoid :D

It's got 2 (stupidly small and pointless) doors at the top and the last bar gap on there is actually 1.5 cm. So both of those doors are covered up with a piece of corrugated plastic placed either side of them held on with about 12 wire ties... it'll do for now, but I've already spoken to my mum about a more permanent solution because she's a qualified welder :)
    Wow, that is paranoid! It does confirm the spacing is consistent though lol

I'm glad its definetly, definetly all safe and 1cm bar spacing though :)
    Currently one of two pet-humans of some hamsters (syrian, roborovski, chinese and russian hybrid), mice, mongolian gerbils and a duprasi :)
    larka said:

Superwolf..what cage is that ? It looks huuuuge :-O

It's the Sky Rat 100 (although it's hard to find over in the UK, so I got my one shipped from Germany, where it's called the Carlos).  It's a ridiculous size, but I love it! :P
  • larkalarka Lemming
    I think I am in love with that cage haha ! Gonna see if I can track one down >:D<
    larka said:

I think I am in love with that cage haha ! Gonna see if I can track one down >:D<

Here you go. :)

German Amazon is actually way better than UK Amazon for cages, they seem to have much higher standards of care over there.  You do need to navigate in German, but if you have any German-speaking friends then you're set, or else google translate is a wonderful thing. :P
    It does look amazing... Sadly theres no way on earth I could justify one lol
  • zany_toonzany_toon Mouse
    Oooooh, now that is a FAB looking cage :D No wonder you were so  excited :) I can't wait to hear what your mice think of it :)