Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were a Mice are Nice member, and haven't got the Forum Refugee badge - PM Crittery to sort this out for you!

New Hamster!

I am so excited! I have a new hamster :D

He's a 7 week old, sapphire winter white, russian dwarf hamster :D I got a pedigree with him going back to his great great great grandparents, which is really cool. He's so beautiful! I can't believe how fat he looks, compared to my mice X( he just looks like a little round ball of fur!

I didn't want to bother him, but couldn't resist taking a quick picture when I put him in his cage. I need help thinking of a name though :P
(not sure how to resize pictures, so sorry it's a little big)

Hamster: Archie
Mice: Honey, Violet, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger

Comments

• NickyNicky Mouse
    Good grief he's beautiful :\"> Congratulations on him. What kind of names do you usely go for? This could give me a clue to think of some.
  • racingmouseracingmouse Mouse
    He`s a gorgeous! Names usually come to me as I observe them scooting about and I usually come up with a name off the top of my head! I`m sure that`s what will happen soon. x
  • SarahnashSarahnash Lemming
    Congratulations, he looks fab. Winter White reminds me of a James Bond movie (sorry) where there was a character called Willard Whyte. What about Willard? Are you going to breed from him and continue the line?
    Mum to Bosley the rat and Teddy the hamster.
    Never forgotten - my lovely fancy mice Jill, Kate, Eve, Kris, Sabrina, Dylan, Kelly, Abby, Tiffany, Natalie and Alex and wild mice Harry and Wills and Charlie the gentle-man Rat.
  • MouseLoverMouseLover Lemming
    edited June 2016 Posts: 188
    As he's my first ever hamster, I don't think it would be wise for me to breed. I wouldn't know what I'm doing lol. But he has other brothers/sisters who are continuing the line :)

I'm considering Ivor right now... hmmm...
    Rainbow Bridge: Daisy, Peach, Ivy, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Clover, Peanut, Minnie, Ginger
  • NuttySianNuttySian Mouse
    Awwww he's adorable! Where did you get him?
    I found a breeder on preloved (a bit like gumtree) who breeds for show, situated in Gloucester :)
  • NuttySianNuttySian Mouse
    That's great :) I wonder if he shares any relatives with ours (it happens quite a bit as the Dads get around X( ).

Haha yeah I know preloved, it's habit for me to check both sites daily :-*
  • KawaiiKawaii Lemming
    Looks like a better bred version of Princess Jane. He's stunning! <3

Proud owner of 2 chinchillas and a dwarf hamster

(chins for the win!)

If I'm not active I have probably forgotten my password (again)....

Cheers :) I need to get more pictures of him, he's such a stunner <3